Tuesday, June 24, 2014

House of Good and Evil (2013)

House of Good and Evil
Director: David Mun
Starring: Rachel Marie Lewis, Christian Oliver, Marietta Marich
My Rating: Didn't like it

Unfortunately, I actually paid to see this movie. I love horror movies, and House of Good and Evil was the only horror film at the Virginia Film Festival this past year, so I checked it out. I don't want to be too cruel because I know the people who made it tried their hardest on a very small budget. And I know that if I ever make movies, they would inevitably be a low budget productions, and I wouldn't want people shitting on it, but I didn't like any bit of this movie.

It has a cliched plot with a cliched twist ending that we've all seen a million times before. The acting is dreadful. The sound mixing and editing were wonky, probably due to the low budget, but still pretty bad. And it's just really boring. Don't see it. That's all that needs to be said.